Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Homemade Playdough!

Who doesn't have fond memories of playing with playdough as a child?  I know I loved playdough then (and maybe now too)!  Be creative when storing your playdough....empty clean babyfood jars work wonders for storing it!!
Ingredients:
1 Cup Cold Water
1 Cup Salt
2 tsp. veg. oil
food coloring  (Use how many drops you want, pictured is 20 red drops)
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
2 Cups Flour
(For some reason the salt did not make it into the picture....maybe a certain 2 year old had something to do with that?)

In a bowl, mix everything except the flour.

Gradually add the flour...I add mine a 1/2 cup at a time.  Mix well.  Little hands make great mixers!

If dough is too moist, add more flour.  Store in an airtight container.

Pictures coming!  My phone is sending them to me as I type this!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment