Monday, May 3, 2010

Freeze your eggs easily!

I am a Costco kind of shopper! I love to buy in bulk to save $$. Unfortunately, my refrigerator doesn't always have room for everything! Since we have an extra freezer, I have had to teach myself how to easily freeze many items for later use. One thing I learned is how to freeze eggs. Freezing eggs can be a great help! It is so easy and great to use for last minute baking projects! The easiest way I have found is this:
To freeze the whole egg, crack the egg and whisk until blended. I freeze mine individually, but you can do many at once. For one at a time eggs, I place the blended egg in a muffin tin and freeze. Once frozen, pop out of the muffin tin and place in a Ziploc bag. When ready to use, take out one egg at a time and thaw in a bowl in the refrigerator. If you freeze them all together, measure out 2 Tablespoons of egg mixture to equal 1 egg.
Quick, easy and fun for the kids to help with!

No comments:

Post a Comment