Monday, May 3, 2010

Feezing Bananas

We have all been there...you buy a bunch of bananas and by the end of the week there are always one or two that didn't get eaten and are starting to turn brown. What do you do? Well, I love to make smoothies so I take the old bananas and freeze them. There are many idea out there on how to do this, but the way I freeze bananas is like this:
First peel the banana (simple enough)
Second, dip the banana in lemon juice. The easiest way I have found is to put lemon juice in a plastic bag and add the bananas one at a time to get a nice coating. This will help keep the banana from turning brown.
Lastly, place the bananas in a freezer zip lock bag and freeze. I like to freeze in packs of 2 if possible as this is how many I usually add to my smoothies.
When ready to use, simply add the bananas still frozen directly into the blender with your other ingredients and blend!
Another way is to slice the bananas and flash freeze. To do this, simply slice the bananas after dipping in lemon juice and place on a cookie sheet. Once frozen, remove from the cookie sheet and place in a Ziploc freezer bag or Tupperware.
Super easy and makes sure no bananas are wasted ever again!

No comments:

Post a Comment